Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Thursday 16 October 2014

"There's no such thing as rational numbers !", declares moron

I appear to have encountered someone who does not believe in rational numbers...

" You are following non-division able mathematics as 2 cannot be properly divided by 3 and answer will be got 0.6666666666666…………….. no ending solution. We need solution and accept the answer as 0.66. You should be practical. "

5 comments:

  1. My sympathies.  I've seen people get freaked out by the idea of repeating decimals myself, specifically 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 expressed as decimals.  I've seen people argue 'till they were blue in the face that 3/3 cannot equal 1 because there must be a difference between 0.9repeating and 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in Jethro numbers. From the Beverly Hillbillies: "What comes after elventy eight, Jethro?" "Eleventy nine, Pa!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder what he thinks about computer code that says A = A + 1

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...