Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Sunday 21 December 2014

The Hobbit - I'll pay you money to make it shorter

Reshare with slight postscript having just seen the Battle of the Five Armies. I would pay good money to see the Hobbit films re-released as a single 3 hour movie. I wasn't much impressed by the first film, did enjoy the second (mostly because Smaug was exactly how I wanted Smaug to be), and approve almost entirely of the third. But they could all - especially the first - be so much better if large chunks of them were simply not there.


Dear Peter Jackson

and also Guillermo del Toro and New Line Cinema.... Thanks for making The Lord of the Rings ! Wasn't it just awesome ? Everyone I know thought so. In fact, I think it's pretty tough to find a better movie adaptation of a much-loved book. Like Shary Bobbins, it's practically perfect in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

It's okay to like vinyl

Here's a nice if somewhat over-lengthy piece about why people prefer antiquated technologies like vinyl records instead of digital medi...