Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Mopra merchandising

I tried to download the Mopra data to make a nice 3D visual for them, but I had problems registering. I emailed them to see if I can get that fixed.

"If you have a particular idea for a reward that you'd like to see put into the gift box or included at a lower level do let us know. Especially with regards to the data products, but also with the physical rewards. "
I think I should let them know about this :
http://www.rhysy.net/virgo-glass.html

Also, I've been suggesting "adopt a hydrogen detection" for years. Maybe now Robert Minchin will take me seriously. :P

Originally shared by null

Save the Mopra Telescope & Map the Milky Way

We have spent the last four years mapping the Southern portion of our Milky Way Galaxy with the Mopra Radio Telescope in Australia. However, due to drastic budget cuts the telescope will be shut down at the end of September, leaving our map unfinished and our knowledge incomplete. Help us finish the survey and make it public, so that we can put the Milky Way on the map.

#TeamMopra #Science   #Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/astrocate/teammopra-save-a-telescope-and-map-the-milky-way

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I see Catherine Braiding is on Google +, so I'll just leave this here. :)
    http://www.rhysy.net/frelled-1.html
    I'd really like to see what Mopra data looks like in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks so much for linking me to those. The ATNF are in the process of updating their data server at the moment, so it's sucking big time, but I will get some Mopra data to you within the next day or so, because I'd love to see what you can do with it. 

    I love your dataweight. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Ordinary Men

As promised last time  I'm going to do a more thorough review of Christopher Browning's Ordinary Men . I already mentioned the Netf...