Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Saturday 28 May 2016

The original opening music to 2001 : A Space Odyssey

Oh god, its disgusting. It's actually disgusting. It makes me want to vomit and write an angry letter to the "composer", except that he is dead. I kept expecting Conan the Barbarian to show up, but he never did.

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/strauss/music/also-sprach-zarathustra-2001-space-odyssey/#BdDAOyo2UpmELYMt.97

3 comments:

  1. Aaaand this got me binge watching "How Kubrick made 2001: Space Odisey" on Youtube for the last couple of hours (it's pretty good, actually, but it surely is not for everyone).
    Goodbye, working Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say the North music is terrible - but it's rather ho-hum and certainly says "60s film score", and as you say could just as easily fit Conan. Also Sprach Zarathustra was an inspired choice and clearly the better piece of music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although now I'm wondering what Conan would be like with the the soundtrack from 2001...

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...