Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Friday 24 June 2016

My apologies

It's not over yet, nonetheless I would like to apologise on behalf of my country. It looks very much as though we've done - or at the very least come close to doing - something really, incredibly stupid. Absolutely every credible figure and country in the world could see this, but apparently we can't.

I honestly do not understand this result at all. I mean, I can understand why people vote Tory, even though I personally would rather be punched in the mouth than ever do such a thing. But who is it who goes about their daily life genuinely thinking that they're suffering in any way because of the E.U. ? Why ? How does anyone even care so much ? Most of the time no-one even bothers voting for the MEPs. Even Wales voted for Leave, which just boggles the mind.

It feels like all the progress we've made over the last 50 years has counted for nothing. The xenophobic bigotry of Nigel Farage has won the day. Oh, great job team. Slow clap. This isn't going to end well.

10 comments:

  1. The only thing I can think of is the bias of the tabloid press. There is not one single rational argument that supports leaving, in my opinion, but there are a lot of lies being told by the tabloids. Most of them racist. It's depressing. I had more faith in my fellow countrymen than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of this, I am much more worried about my country's elections in November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh looks like the results from tossing a coin.
    Oh well it's done now, we just need people/gov to not sulk and do their job to get the best out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a nice birthday present for me if I didn't think Boris would get in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A colleague just now: "Britain got smart, maybe we should do the same."

    WHY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meanwhile it sounds like this is now more fuel for the Scottish Independence movement....

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Philosophers be like, "?"

In the Science of Discworld books the authors postulate Homo Sapiens is actually Pan Narrans, the storytelling ape. Telling stories is, the...