Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Monday 28 November 2016

The message is being heard but ignored

At least someone is pointing out all this to those in charge, even if those in charge are not very sensible.

Originally shared by Chris Blackmore (The Walrus)

I keep writing to my MP to remind him that MPs are supposed to represent us by thinking for themselves about what is best for the country, rather than just counting how many of their constituents are grunting about #Brexit.

Here's a little something I noticed just now, in an article on another site, describing a constituent's meeting with Theresa May.

She replied that she was a representative and not a “delegate” and was not obliged to be the voice of her constituents.

So we are part way there, May actually understands that MPs are not forced to vote in accordance with the mob. Now we need her to understand that the measure she is trying so desperately hard to force through is a disaster looming large, and that she can "respect the result" all she likes, but doesn't have to do what the 37% wanted.

https://www.facebook.com/Reasons2Remain/posts/342481772777865:0

4 comments:

  1. What is wrong with hoping to leave the failing bureaucratic mess that is the EU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idiotic comments which make false and baseless accusations will be deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you wouldn't want anyone to know the truth would you. What is idiotic or baseless about the facts I just presented you with. Another liberal value is freedom of speech, or did you forget about that one as well when you censored my comments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a moron. Freedom of speech doesn't relate one whit to what you can say in someone's social media stream any more than it says you can barge into someone's house and spout whatever propaganda you like at them. It only means you can't be imprisoned for what you say. Your first question was legitimate, which is why I've left it there. But your rant strongly suggests to me that you either haven't read or wilfully misunderstood the article and aren't capable of reasoned discourse. I have better things to do than argue with an idiot right now, so I'm closing comments. For more information please re-read.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...