Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Practical advice on preventing Brexit

I could try and summarise this with noteworthy quotes, but 90% of it is a noteworthy quote so I won't. I do have some minor quibbles, but they are not worth mentioning.

EDIT : Actually I will quote the most pragmatic part :
Write, and keep writing, letters and emails (letters are best: but even better is to send both) to your own MP and other MPs.... Letters have a major impact on MPs. I was once told by a senior civil servant in the Department of Health that a dozen letters of complaint to a Minister would trouble him or her greatly, because the rule of thumb is that for every letter written, there are thousands of other people who agree with the sentiments it expresses: letters are tips of icebergs.

I suppose the effort involved in writing a letter is now so much greater than writing an email that they're taken more seriously.

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/this_is_a_c_grayling_s_ultimate_guide_to_defeating_brexit_and_why_the_eu_is_worth_fighting_for_1_4844381?platform=hootsuite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...