Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Friday 3 February 2017

Woman votes to leave the EU because Bananas, apparently

Woman votes to leave the EU because Bananas. Dark and depressing times indeed. And while all we have to decide may be what to do with the time that is given to us, I have absolutely no fucking clue how the hell to deal with stupidity of that level.
[Walks away, muttering dark things about eugenics...]

It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElkNcCAhSU

2 comments:

  1. My mind shies away from the implications. My only defense is to wonder why banana curvature is so important to her. 
    At least Richard Burton will still save us! Thank goodness he's working for the good cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard G The mind does shy away from such implications. Why just the other day, I saw an old woman inspecting the aubergines rather too closely - and had the same horrid sensation....

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...