Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Monday 29 May 2017

60 million people and these idiots are the best we could manage

Summary of the non-debate between Corbyn and May :

Option A : the Grand High Witch. Doesn't have a clue about anything. Happy to appeal to the stupidity of people who think Brexit is a good idea and we can somehow threaten the EU to just leave. What we're supposed to be threatening them with is anyone's guess.

Option B : a smug sanctimonious git who claims to be straight talking and repeatedly defends statements on the grounds that they shouldn't be taken literally, is probably a terrorist sympathiser, treats everyone like children and thinks that money can just be conjured magically out of the air.

Yippee.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get a sanctimonious vibe from Corbyn, but then that's just me. My overall impression was that Paxman gave May an easier time. None of them left me deeply impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joerg Fliege Well... it isn't sanctimony, I'll agree. But Corbyn does indulge in some seriously doctrinaire pronouncements. Just got back from a visit to Chicago, had an unpleasant encounter with a woman who was trying to convert my girlfriend to Christianity. As you may know, I am a Christian but I loathe proselytising. Thus with Corbyn, I think you'd agree there's a large dollop of the bloody-minded cant associated with sanctimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the Andrew Neil interview, I'm convinced that Corbyn's alter-ego is Captain Sanctimonious. Still, for me the worst part of the whole debacle was not either of the candidates - it was the audience. They were shown May's Brexit hypocrisy clearly and unambiguously. Thirty seconds later they were cheering when she promised them a nice hard Brexit. No wonder we can't have nice things.

    Just to ensure that if I'm ever tempted to go into politics, that particular form of masochism is not available to me, let me neuter that option by saying loudly and publically that I think the electorate are a bunch of cretinous fools who couldn't spot a bullshit argument if you stuffed it into their underwear.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

These things are not the same as these other things

Today, a couple of similar-ish pieces from Pscyhe I think I can get away with combining into a single post. The first one is very simple, d...