Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Boris Johnson being predictably stupid as usual

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has told MPs the European Union can "go whistle" for any "extortionate" final payment from the UK on Brexit. And he said that the government had "no plan" for what to do in the event of no deal being agreed with the EU. He said: "The sums I have seen that they propose to demand from this country appear to be extortionate. Go whistle seems to me to be an entirely appropriate expression," he added.

Asked during Commons questions if there was a strategy, either public or private, for what would happen if there was no agreement on Brexit, Mr Johnson said: "There is no plan for no deal because we are going to get a great deal."

No words. So stupid. I had no idea. They should have sent a poet.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40571123

1 comment:

  1. here's the thing (apart from all the other things with Brexit): I wouldn't trust Boris Johnson to use my toilet. I wouldn't get him to hose down my driveway for fear that he'd somehow burn down the house. Boris Johnson has rather less responsibility and diplomatic acumen than...
    ...you know I can't think of an animal that adequately exresses my disdain.

    The idea that he should have anything to do with Brexit is argument enough against it all on its own. You know what I want Boris to do in government? Stay very quiet and still in the broom cupboard.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Ordinary Men

As promised last time  I'm going to do a more thorough review of Christopher Browning's Ordinary Men . I already mentioned the Netf...