Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Sunday 19 November 2017

Gene Roddenberry was not happy with the first draft of Wrath of Khan

In which Gene Roddenberry writes an angry letter to the authors of the first draft of Wrath of Khan. It's brilliant stuff and shows the amount of thought that went into both Trek society and its science. What's more, the writers seem to have addressed almost all of his points in the final version, not always exactly in the way he suggested, but with the effect of producing what he probably intended.

This is a scanned copy so I can't pick out any highlights, though I probably wouldn't anyway because it's worth reading in its entirety.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/star-trek-50th-anniversary-gene-roddenberry-wrath-of-khan-letter-project-366-1201724589/

1 comment:

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...