Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Monday 11 December 2017

A stupid man admits his own stupidity but is too stupid to realise why that matters

"What's the requirement of my job?" he asked LBC's Nick Ferrari. "I don't have to be very clever. I don't have to know that much. I just do have to be calm."

Keep calm and please just will you please sod off, you twit.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/david-davis-does-not-have-to-be-clever-to-be-brexit-secretary-2017-12?international=true&r=UK&IR=T

4 comments:

  1. Once upon a time I thought highly of him, given his party affiliation, and the others of his ilk I had to compare him with. But, I was new to Britain, and well, the 20 years since have occurred. Anyone got a lantern? I feel the need to go hunting for an honest man, all of a sudden....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a few days ago I'd have been prepared to label him as misguided but principled and intelligent idealist. Not since Stephen Phillips found this though :
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RhysTaylorRhysy/posts/C7Cxz8jBVZX

    To answer your second question, G+ recommends Britney Spears whenever I start to type "Stephen", and it thinks Britney is a spelling mistake. 'nuff said. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its sad when our hopes get dashed like that, but at least we were mature enough not to make them expectations. Silver linings, eh?
    Also: lol

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...