Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Schrodinger's Brexit studies



Compare and contrast :
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-theresa-may-brexit-reports-not-read-secret-detail-uk-economy-impact-leave-eu-a8022946.html
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42249854

Honestly the thing that really gets me is the statement in the latest report that Davis doesn't care about models. We are deep in the post-truth era of rejection of facts, disdain for experts, and sheer bullshitting. Grrrr.

1 comment:

  1. If I hold up 4 non-existent elephants in one hand, it is indistinguishable from the 0 apples I hold in my other. I have no idea of how to construct the intersection of non-existent objects with existing objects?

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...