Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Some people are just stupid

Forgotten Twitter log-in details have been blamed for delaying a public correction to Hawaii's missile alert earlier this month. Governor David Ige was told two minutes after a text message was issued by the Emergency Management Agency (EMA) that the threat warning was a false alarm. But his office did not share the information via social media until about 17 minutes later.

On Monday, Mr Ige acknowledged he had failed to recall his social media ID. "I have to confess that I don't know my Twitter account log-ons and the passwords, so certainly that's one of the changes that I've made," he said after his State of the State address, according to local newspaper the Honolulu Star Advertiser.

THEY WERE ON A POST-NOTE ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU MUPPET !!!

The governor added that he now stored the details on his smartphone to avoid a repeat blunder.

What could possibly go wrong.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42787419

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...