Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Saturday 24 March 2018

Someone trying to shoot you ? Bring back stoning, says teacher

"Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone," Mr Helsel said at the state's House Education Committee on 15 March. "If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned. We have some people who have some pretty good arms. They can chuck some rocks pretty fast."

People like this make me think that there are worse things than eugenics.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43523797

7 comments:

  1. That's about as useful as home guns against the government...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why yes, my house is made of glass. Why do you ask?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me this is copy/pasted from The Onion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's why you should either post BBC or NewsThump headlines

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's about as effective as backpacks against knives, which worked once so gun control advocates have cheered about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess they can put that bucket of stones next to their pile of sticks.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...