Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Wednesday 28 March 2018

The biggest Scottish wildcat

One of the largest wildcats ever recorded in the world has been discovered by field workers in Aberdeenshire's Clashindarroch Forest. Nicknamed the Clashindarroch Beast, it was captured on camera and is estimated to be 4ft (1.2m) from nose to tail.

The footage was gathered as part of a Scottish wildcat conservation project operating across the Highlands. Remote traps are baited with food or scent, and anytime something passes in front of it the camera shoots video. Kev Bell, field worker at Wildcat Haven, said: "I've been fortunate to get footage of quite a few of these ghost cats; there's about 10 to 15 of them here in the Clashindarroch. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this cat, he is enormous, a magnificent animal."
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-43555314

2 comments:

  1. This Beast of Clashindarroch should meet my Butterscotch. The Monster of the Antimacassar....

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...