Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Tuesday 4 June 2019

Review : Good Omens

I don't really have much to say about this because it was awesome. 10/10, no questions asked. An absolutely perfect adaptation of a fantastic book and it can't be improved. I saw very mixed reviews from critics who seemed to find some bizarre, amateurish faults with it, like saying that scene changes weren't done correctly. Some people just say things that make literally no sense, and that's one of 'em. Perhaps it's because of a stigma against comic fantasy as a serious genre ? I dunno. Anyway, I thought it was a great surrealist buddy show, perfectly cast (and the Queens soundtrack was a superb choice) and delightfully warm. More like this please.

That's not to say that it's the be-all and end-all of TV shows for all time. I only mean that it did a perfect job with its source material. The team that made this should do Discworld books next : Sky did an okay job with some of them, but this team are better. Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

These things are not the same as these other things

Today, a couple of similar-ish pieces from Pscyhe I think I can get away with combining into a single post. The first one is very simple, d...