Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Thursday 13 August 2015

Blair is wrong about Corbyn

I would have agreed with Blair not so long ago. After all, whatever you think of the man or his policies, he was an absolute consummate politician.

But, after listening to Corbyn, I'm not so sure. Labour were smashed in Scotland by a clear policy of anti-austerity. Ed Milliband's message was mixed and delivered poorly. I think there might be a value in presenting an alternative that's undeniably different from the Tories, plus Corbyn is just about the only Labour figure who has any sense of charisma at the moment. The other candidates just, well, don't.

I think Corbyn is going to need someone to reign in some of his more radical ideas, but at least he's presenting radical ideas and no focusing on micro-policies. I say give him a year. See how he does in the opinion polls and what happens in by-elections.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-33896414

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...