Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Skiing uphill with a giant drone

I don't think I believe this. When flying he not only holds on with one hand but his arm is bent. He'd have to be able to hold himself halfway through a one-handed pull-up for >20 seconds at a time while in mid air... and why is he holding a camera on a selfie stick when he could just wear a head-mounted version ?

EDIT : Nope. As this video makes clear, it's definitely not a fake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyUrqZBs2XA


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At3xcj-pTjg&feature=share

8 comments:

  1. Ian Rawlings Dunno, his arm is definitely straight at ~1:34 and 1:46...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that's clever. G+ has automatically created links to the video at the right time positions !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am not saying it's proof at all. I'm saying I don't think I believe it. It just doesn't look right to me, is all. I hope I'm wrong, because I'm a big fan of daft people abusing technology at their own risk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well, if he's known for this anyway then I will defer to reputation. Doesn't stop me enjoying it if it's not quite as advertised, I just like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 360 video I'm holding off on until my VR headset arrives. Stupid bloody "clearance delay" my foot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2:52 to 2:55 you can clearly see the extra cable that's taking the weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That video answers all my questions and then some.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...