Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Thursday 17 January 2019

Preaching to the anti-Brexit choir

They're wonderfully ironic and all, but wouldn't it make more sense to put them in pro-Leave areas rather than strongly pro-Remain London ? This seems to be a common mistake : simply preaching to the choir, trying to strengthen existing support rather than win new converts. Making Remainers believe even more strongly won't help - what's needed is to win the other side over.

I would also suggest making them even more explicit, contrasting the then-and-now statements of the Brexiteers and pointing out how unprincipled they are. The character of the Brexiteers as over-privileged idiots needs to be exposed. People in deprived, austerity-hit areas ought to be shown the inconsistencies of those who are claiming to represent them (as well as making a more positive case for the EU, of course).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/16/billboard-campaign-reminds-voters-of-mps-brexit-promises

2 comments:

  1. I started thinking about who I actually liked at all in current British politics and came up dry. So then I started thinking about a kind of fantasy football team - who would I import from anywhere in the world to take over from May? - and then I realised all the politicians I held any respect for were dead.

    No, wait - there's the Scottish separatist woman, she seems OK.
    Could she lead Britain please?

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

These things are not the same as these other things

Today, a couple of similar-ish pieces from Pscyhe I think I can get away with combining into a single post. The first one is very simple, d...