Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Monday 16 November 2015

Science in society

Science isn't an art, but it does need (almost) the same level of freedom of the arts. Science isn't journalism - it needs to search for the truth, but it's not supposed to be impartial. Nor is it a business, but competitiveness is a valuable part of the process. And while politics should be kept out of science, science should definitely not be kept out of politics.

3 comments:

  1. I change my mind as often as I go to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably better than changing your bathroom as often as you change your mind, though.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Human Kind

I suppose I really should review Bregman's Human Kind : A Hopeful History , though I'm not sure I want to. This was a deeply frustra...