Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean in which I babble about non-astronomy stuff, because everyone needs a hobby

Sunday 6 December 2015

My melodrama is better than your melodrama

I have to admit, the line :
“Opposed to freedom of speech?” protested one delegate. “What a hateful smear. We should have them all shut down.”
did make me laugh.

Originally shared by Laura

“What breathtaking cis white male arrogance. How can you stand there, complacently calling it a ‘good’ evening, at a time when the Sun newspaper continues to be published, the Conservative Party is allowed to govern the country merely because it was elected to do so, and the notorious misogynist Germaine Greer is permitted on to university property for no better reason than she’s been invited to speak there?”

>cis white male
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/12021620/How-dare-you-say-students-are-melodramatic.-Thats-one-of-my-triggers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a small but consistent influx of spam, comments will now be checked before publishing. Only egregious spam/illegal/racist crap will be disapproved, everything else will be published.

Review : Ordinary Men

As promised last time  I'm going to do a more thorough review of Christopher Browning's Ordinary Men . I already mentioned the Netf...